Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 36: Geeking out in Austin

Tracy got called into work early so Davide (who luckily had the day off) had to take over the tour guide duties. Since I did such serious touristy things yesterday Davide showed me his favorite spots today.

My breakfast of champions was a plate full of barbequed meat from Franklin BBQ. It was so good but there was just too much of it for one sitting.

Then Davide took me to his other place of employment, Game Over video games which has a video game museum. I may not have really known what I was looking at but it was cool to see it anyway.


Among other stops (Half Price books, a comic book store, Vulcan Video) we went to Toy Joy, which was a bit like Finnegan's. So in other words pretty rad.

After a delicious home cooked meal we went out on the town to visit Davide's choice in bars so I could sample some local beers. I must have had a lot of fun because I stayed out a bit later than was good for my schedule. But it was definitely worth it.

Next: Driving to NOLA

No comments:

Post a Comment