Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 55: DC to Columbus

Strictly on the road today. It took forever to get out of town today because The US Open was occurring nearby and created at lot of traffic. I also had to stop at Trader Joe's because who knows the next time I'll see one.


I think this was in Maryland or Virginia. I don't know, I passed through at least 5 states today (Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio). I was excited to see trees and hills again. It almost has a tropical rainforest look to it.

A truck stop in Maryland. Once I was in Pennsylvania cute little colonial towns with old brick churches started popping up but I didn't get a chance to stop and take a photo.

As I headed into Ohio it started getting dark and I got caught in some nasty thunderstorms. It would rain so hard my fastest wiper setting still wasn't fast enough to maintain visibility. It was a little unnerving but on the upside now I don't need to get my car washed.

Tomorrow: Onward to St. Louis.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane. I'm really enjoying following you on your blog! If you haven't already gone to Columbus and if you get a chance, visit German Village. I used to live there at 227 Jackson Street. And graduated from Ohio State there in Columbus - wave howdy for me!~ Love Aunt Ter

    ReplyDelete