Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 45: Oil Change in Sarasota

I got to sleep in today to my heart's content which was awesome. I was in need of a good night's sleep. In the early afternoon Grampie and I left home to get my oil changed and my car washed. It didn't take long so once I got back I had some time to start planning my route for the return trip.


We had a lovely dinner at The Meadows Country Club. The Meadows is the name of the housing development where they live that has 3 golf courses and acres of manicured jungle.
Apparently there is a tiny alligator that lives in this pond but I didn't spot him during dinner.


I suspect Savannah will be similar but the trees in Sarasota are all covered in these draping lichens (I think they are called Old Man's Beard) that really add a sleepy quality to the area. After dinner I hit up the pool and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Tomorrow: Early early breakfast, the beach, and whatever else G&L have planned for me!

1 comment:

  1. JAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

    That is all for now. Oh and I miss you!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete