Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 61: Boulder, CO

Katie had a class in Boulder this morning which means I got to sleep in and meet her there in the afternoon. Jake was kind enough to drive so I didn't have to know where I was going today. We met Katie and her friend Roni at the Farmer's Market, which unfortunately was just closing, (again?! really?) and walked around for a bit and got some lunch at Felafel King.

I found Waldo near the creek in Boulder. The water was really high and fast.


Then we picked up Roni's dog Tucker and went for a hike in the Chautauqua park.


These are the Flatirons.


It was a nice hike but hot out and I had a little trouble with the elevation. Or I'm still really out of shape.
The hike back down took us through the grassy base of the mountains. Pretty stuff. After a bout of indecision we landed on dinner at Murphy's which serves a bit of everything. I had saltimboca which is always delicious. Cory and his girlfriend Amelia came up to meet us so that was fun as well.

Tomorrow: Downtown Denver and Jazz in the Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment