Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 7: San Francisco Part 2


First off was a business lunch with my Mr. Project Manager buddy Jim. It was too brief so we met up at the end of the day and had a real visit.


From his office building near the Montgomery Bart stop I walked through Chinatown all the way to Telegraph Hill and stumbled upon the Coit Tower. The interior is filled with WPA murals. The view was nice enough from outside that I didn't feel the need to pay to get to the top...



The bulk of the rest of my day was wandering around and marveling at the architecture and bat-shit insane parking situations. And getting another sunburn. Where were you bay area fog!


After I'd had my fill of the hustle and bustle of downtown I headed out to Hayes Valley neighborhood which was very charming. One of the parks had this massive statue which was originally constructed for Burning Man in 2007. The row houses were beautiful as well but surprisingly difficult to do them justice on film.


I decided to spring for a fancy dinner at Jardiniere. I saw on yelp that it has a special set 3-course menu on Mondays for $45 that included wine pairings. It was totally worth it (the normal chef's menu was $99). I've never enjoyed duck confit that much before. After dinner I Bart-ed back downtown and met up with Jim and Ali and got one final walking tour of Nob Hill and Russian Hill before heading back to Oakland.

Tomorrow: Golden Gate Bridge, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Giant Artichoke Restaurant, and Monterey!

No comments:

Post a Comment