Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 27: A day off in Santa Fe

For probably the first time this trip I wasn't in a hurry to leave! I took the time to clean out and re-arrange my car so that was nice. I rolled into Santa Fe in late afternoon so by the time I was settled in and walked into downtown most of the shops were closed.

I liked the jumble of signs on this street. Apparently there is only one Starbucks in Santa Fe and I found it.

The Santa Fe river is one of most pathetic rivers I've ever seen, more like a stagnant creek bed. But hey, it's the desert.


I enjoyed just wandering around for a bit looking at the adobe architecture. This shop had a bone yard of what looks like reclaimed antique wooden carvings. It would have been fun to peruse.
On the walk back to my hotel I heard a live band and followed the music to the Railyard which looks like a recently gentrified area (surrounding the tracks) that was having a free concert. Unfortunately it ended right as I got there but I was glad I got to check the area out. I probably wouldn't have known it was there otherwise.

This squirrel was being way too cute at the park across from my hotel.

Back at the hotel I decided to eat some junk food and catch up on my hulu queue, so some nice not travel related me time. I enjoyed having a mostly plan free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment