Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 16: Culver City to San Diego

Leaving town took a lot longer than I thought it would. This shouldn't surprise me by now but it still does. I stopped but a nearby farmers market which was very inconveniently located in a hospital that charges for parking. I ended up with some nice dried fruit and navel oranges as well as some tangerines that, unfortunately, are gross. I drove down highway 1 through some fun looking beach towns but didn't really get to check them out because of the late start. I did stop to take some pictures in Palos Verde Estates:



I stopped here to eat my lunch, it looked like an enjoyable resort town.

One of the many hotels/condos by the water.


After an inland stretch of highway one that goes through the foreign planet/industrial area of Long Beach, it finally get scenic again around Huntington Beach.


Right around sunset I detoured through Balboa Island in Newport Beach to check out the yachts. I did not get the greatest views nor did I really spend enough time there, but I had another 80 miles to go yet so I didn't want to dawdle. It was dark once I reached Laguna Beach but from what I could see it looked like a nice place to visit as well.

Once I made it to Eveline's we went to In N Out burger for a rather late dinner. I got the cheeseburger with grilled onions. I'd do that again.

Tomorrow: most likely Balboa Park and/or The Zoo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane!
    Your mom sent me your blogspot. You sure know how to frame a shot! Beautiful country you're travelling through. Are you headed south? Did you know Morgan and Molly live in Oceanside? Your trip looks fantastic and I'm going to enjoy following your adventures.
    Big love,
    Janis McKeown

    ReplyDelete