Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 19: San Diego to Las Vegas


Had a lovely brunch with Eveline this morning at a nearby place called the Mission. I managed to get on the road by about 1:00pm which was actually on time. Yay.


I did very little stopping today, so most of the photos are driving photos. I saw this cool looking bridge as I was leaving town. The scenery on I-15 from San Diego to Temecula was very pretty but sadly I was not able to get any photos. I stopped in Barstow for a truck stop dinner at Subway so no photo ops there either.


The cacti in Mojave National Preserve are neat looking but hard to photograph at 70 mph.


Most of the guidebooks make it sound like the drive from LA to Las Vegas is desolate and boring but I thought the geology was pretty neato.


Stopped at Buffalo Bills in Primm (Cal-Neva border town) to donate some money to the owners. At least I was up $15.00 for a little while, I just forgot to leave at that particular moment...

Tomorrow: Trying to track down some tickets to Beatles LOVE, seeing what's new on The Strip, laundry, and trivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment