Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 22: Las Vegas to The Grand Canyon

This is a day late because I had no internet while camping.

Today was mostly just a driving day. I considered checking out the new Hoover Dam bypass highway on foot but am glad I didn't, I wouldn't have had enough daylight to set up camp in the evening.

I snapped a couple photos of the drive across Arizona on Highway 40, it was more varied than one would expect.
I took this photo without looking, just pressed the camera against the side window. It is from the drive up Highway 64 to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.


I managed to arrive with just enough time to set up my tent and heat up my dinner with the mini gas burner (the little blue canister). It was pretty windy so I had to use a bunch of junk to make a wind shield. But it worked out ok. Apparently you can drive to the campground without even catching a glimpse of the canyon, so I didn't actually see anything today.

Up Next: The Grand Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment