Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 25: Old Town Albuquerque

Had a chance to hose off the and dry the tent this morning; I was glad to have that done before my next camping adventure. I got meet Vera's bridge buddies right before I left for Old Town.


I spotted this sweet 'cuda near where I parked. You're welcome Dad.


Old Town was not, as I assumed, an extension of downtown but rather a self contained area filled with mostly art galleries, restaurants and souvenir shops. It is also adjacent to many of the Museums in town. It was fun looking at the art and jewelry but mostly out of my price range. One artist's work that really caught my eye was Anne Legge. It turns out she's also an animator for Futurama and The Simpsons. The piece I wanted was $140 so I passed.


This is the plaza, the center of old town. The tan building in the background is the 200-300 year old catholic church.


Part of a series of statues outside the Art and History museum.

Vera and I went over to Jan and Jack's for dinner, which they do every Friday or Saturday. It was a lovely meal and Jan's garden was fantastic. They have an agave plant that was just starting to bloom, something that only happens once in the plant's lifetime. The plants you see in the front yard are an abbreviated version of what is in the back. Once we got back home I got to tire Vera out by showing here all of my photos from my trip so far. It's funny how far away some of it seems already...

Tomorrow: Sandia Peak Tramway, Jan's favorite jewelry store, and some SW cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment