Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 81: Eugene to Portland

Last day of my trip :(. I woke up around the crack of noon and met Ben and a couple of his Seattle friends who were in town for lunch. I just caught the tail end of the meal before Ben had to return to work. Then I got in touch with Wes and caught him a couple hours before he was leaving town so we walked to Dutch Brothers and had a nice mostly film related chat. I had a couple more hours to kill before meeting back up with Ben so I went to Market of Choice just to admire some of my favorite Eugene specialties like Euphoria Chocolate and Eugene City Bakery. I then drove to Hendricks park with the intention of hiking a bit but only made it as far as the parking lot before I got distracted my a call from Jessica.

Ben had plans to meet up with another friend at Burrito Boy for dinner so I invited myself along. Turns out he had the time wrong so we had an hour to walk around campus first. That's the library in the distance.


Oh the Pioneer Father. So many memories. I stuck around and watched some X-Men cartoons until Ben went to bed around 11 and decided at the last minute to head home instead of staying another day. Ben had to start packing for his Japan trip and I had decided to commit to house sitting for him while he was gone so I'd have plenty more Eugene time then. The two hour drive from Eugene to Portland seems lightning fast at this point. Everyone was asleep when I arrived so it was a quiet homecoming. But sleeping in your own bed is quite nice!

Next: I'll be house sitting for Ben from 7/20 to 7/28 so there may be an few bonus adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment