Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 79: Off to Reno

I had a nice relaxed last day in Minden. Grace had the day off so we caught up on some TV shows we both like and I finally got a massage! I wanted to stay another night but I knew the longer I stayed the harder it would be to leave. So I decided to drive up to Reno for a night in an effort to build up some momentum. And I needed to get back home in time for Breanna's baby shower.


I managed to get a room at the Eldorado for $32 (I may have had to gamble for a few hours to get that rate but oh well...) and it was by far the nicest room I've stayed in for under $50 on this trip.
The room was in the top corner of the older shorter tower. This was the view, you can almost see the Reno sign.


It was a budget room so it was tiny but adorable. I didn't do much except sleep there anyway.


I realized in all the years I been staying at the Eldorado I never get photos of the ridiculous interior. This is the main lobby area... sort of.


And here is the garish fountain on the way to The Silver Legacy. I had planned to going to La Strada for dinner but apparently they are closed Wed/Thurs (which seems super random to me) so I ended up at Brew Brothers instead. I had a grand old time staying up way too late gambling and losing more money than I planned to but it's hard to hold onto when you have tons on cash in hand and no good way to hide it from yourself. It's probably a good thing that I don't live in Nevada...

No comments:

Post a Comment