Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 66: Rawlins to Salt Lake City

Unfortunately my camera has a bit of fiber on the inside of the lens that I have no way of clearing out so most of my photos from here on out will have that fuzzy line through them. Today was another mostly driving day. I stopped near Green River for some overpriced fireworks then on to Evanston, WY.


Here is a drive-by photo of Table Rock.


Stopped for a bit at Little America (an oasis of services and hotel along a very sparse stretch of highway) and got some fudge. I vaguely remember staying there as a child when we took one of our cross country road trips.


Some cool looking scenery somewhere is Wyoming.


Stopped in Evanston to get some more reasonably priced fireworks as well as get lunch at a cafe/art gallery Linda Corssmit recommended. The food was good and I ended up buying a pair of earrings there.


I arrived in Salt Lake City just in time to see the Thursday night rehearsal for the (Grammy award winning) Mormon Tabernacle Choir. They were preparing for their 4th of July show so all of the songs were very patriotic. I've never heard a choir that big and generally flawless before.

Next: Antelope Island State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment