Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 80: Reno to Eugene

I stayed up into the wee hours gambling (again) so I slept in until shortly before checkout. I tried the new pan Asian place at the Eldorado- Pho Mein for lunch. The pho was probably not anything special but it was exactly what I was in need of at the time. I was seriously considering staying in Reno another day just because it was about 2pm at that point but I knew I would probably lose more money than I would be ok with losing if I stayed so I hit the road with no clear idea of where I would be stopping for the night.

The last time I was in Tahoe I took I-80 to Sacramento/I-5 so I decided to go 395 to 89 through Lassen and Shasta National Forests this time. I think this photo is near the Nevada/California border.


Lassen National Forest was very wet and beautiful. I was really digging the greenness.


This is the best photo I got of Shasta. It was hidden from view for most of the drive. By the time I hit I-5 it started pouring rain so there wasn't much to see.


This is near the California/Oregon border, a little bit north of Weed. Once I crossed into Oregon I managed to get in touch with Ben G. and found out he was in Eugene (I caught him between his San Francisco and Japan trips) so I decided to drive straight through to Eugene.

I caught the moonrise in my rear view around Medford. I got into Eugene around midnight. I could have kept pushing and gotten into Portland around 2am but I wasn't quite ready to be done with my trip so I was glad Ben was around.

No comments:

Post a Comment