Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 72: Attempting to see Zephyr Cove

Grace drive me up to South Lake in my car so she could go to work and I could go visit the water's edge at Zephyr Cove. At least that was the idea for the day.

As we drove into the city there was a thick yellowish cloud covering the whole area. At first I thought there might have been a fire. But Grace explained that is was pollen from the pine trees. I've seen heavy pollen in Oregon before but nothing quite like this.


Grace did a massage at the same hotel we lounged at on the 4th, it's called 968 Park. It started raining when we got there so I ditched my idea about going to the beach and spent an hour at Harvey's instead. While I lost money I'm glad I was inside, it poured while I was there. There were little streams of yellow pollen on the street after the downpour!



I snapped this awesome (but sadly out of focus) photo on the drive back to Grace's after she was done working. Back at home we rejoined the parents and went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant Grace hadn't tried yet. The carnitas were very good.


The sunset was moderately spectacular that evening because of the rain clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment