Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 69: Elko to Minden, NV

I drove pretty much non-stop from Elko to Reno, just fueling and stretch breaks. I did stop for a bit in Battle Mountain for my last chance to load up on fireworks. Since I had a lot of cash lying around I splurged on some heavy duty looking artillery.

There were some really long stretches between tiny towns. It was scenic, not barren, but all started looking the same after a while.


I think this was another salt flat.


I arrived in Reno around sunset and there was a chicken wing cook-off going on in the streets. They were just finishing up so I didn't get to try any. The 'strip' looked a lot like the last time I visited except there is a new concert venue across from The Cal-Neva called The Knitting Factory.

I visited The Eldorado, my Reno stomping grounds, for about an hour and left about $5 or $10 dollars richer. Then I drove the hour long stretch to Minden in the dark and was greeted by Grace, Greg, Mom and Dad.

Next: Fourth of July with the family

No comments:

Post a Comment