Saturday, March 24, 2012

REBOOT! Ljubljana, Slovenia style!



Hello! I landed safely in Ljubljana, Slovenia (via Chicago, above, and Munich) on March 20th around 3pm here, which is around 7am back home. I was picked up by one of the school administrators and taken to the school where I was handed off to the director, Dule. He was very welcoming and showed me around their part of town and got me checked into the Hostel where I'll be staying for about a week while the apartment is being remodeled. It was great to talk to him and get answers to all of my burning questions but I was starting to get a bit light headed from exhaustion after being up for over 26 hours. Somehow that combined with the altitude change of three plane rides really throws me for a loop. I got to bed by 8pm!!

The hostel, Vila Veselova. I'm in the Pink Room.

The next couple days I mostly got lost on a wild goose chase to the Ministry of Finance (I was given a false location) in order to get a tax number so I could open a local bank account. Then I got a bit of runaround at the bank. But after two days it's all sorted out.

Yesterday I did my first real bit of sightseeing as a tourist rather than as someone on an errand. I went to the castle.

Much more on that next time, I have a walking tour scheduled for today that I don't want to be late for!

2 comments:

  1. Jane, can't wait to read more! Your first post was such a tease :) Glad to know you are settling in. When do you classes start? I look forward to reading more soon!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! And the weather is SUNNY. Wow.
    Miss you. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete